The world is currently on a lockdown due to Coronavirus. No one is quite sure how long this pandemic is going to last, and there is a united call for everyone to take part in helping stop the spread of the virus.
COVID-19 created a global health crisis that has disrupted our daily routine and life in general around the world. We are living in unprecedented times, and it is understandably causing stress and anxiety to a lot of people. It is essential to know that you can protect yourself and your family from this dreaded disease by taking simple everyday steps to keep you and others safe.
Practice Proper Hygiene
Being safe and healthy starts with practicing good personal hygiene.
- Wash your hands often.Practicing proper hand hygiene is always a must. Wash your hands with soap for at least 20 seconds to ensure that germs, bacteria, and viruses are eliminated. If you have been outside, wash your hands immediately upon arriving home. Use a hand sanitizer with 60% alcohol content if you are outdoors and water and soap are not readily available.
- Avoid touching your face with unwashed hands.Avoid touching your mouth, nose, and eyes if your hands are dirty.
- Cover your mouth and nose when coughing or sneezing. When you cough or sneeze, use a tissue to cover your mouth and nose, with the elbow if you have no tissue,then throw away the used tissue immediately. Wash your hands right after. Cough or sneeze into the crook of your arms if a tissue is not immediately available.
Observe Social Distancing
- Stay home. Community quarantine is an efficient and necessary action to stop the virus from infecting more people. Avoid all non-essential travel and movement.
- Practice social distancing. Keep a safe distance of at least 6 feet from any person when out in public. Avoid close contact with anyone who is sick or is showing symptoms of sickness.
Sanitize Your Surroundings
Prevent the virus from entering your home by maintaining the cleanliness of your household. Clean and disinfect all areas of your house, especially the surfaces that your family touches and frequently use, such as electronic devices like mobile phones, light switches, handles, doorknobs, tables, and other high-touch items. The virus is spread by droplets that can land on surfaces and live for many hours. Wipe surfaces clean with disinfectant and launder all washable items with soap and water to kill bacteria, germs, and viruses.
Use Face Masks
The Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC) is now advising everyone to wear protective masks to cover the mouth and nose when going out in public for essential errands such as picking up basic necessities. A cloth face cover is meant as a protection to inhibit you from spreading the virus in case you are infected. Some people can carry the virus without exhibiting symptoms. The use of face masks is not a substitute for social distancing. Continue to keep a safe distance between yourself and others in public.
Keep healthy habits like eating healthy food and getting enough rest to avoid getting sick. Always stay informed and follow health and safety guidelines from authorities.
In need of emergency damage restoration and cleaning services? Contact ServiceMaster of Cobb at 678-264-3310 for Georgia, 423-220-4482 for Tennessee, and 678-909-1078 for Commercial. You can also visit https://www.smrestoreus.com/ for more details. We are serving businesses and homeowners located in Georgia and Tennessee.