Thanksgiving is coming,
which as we know is the kickoff to all the holiday season madness. This, of course, means there will be a lot of cooking and hanging of holiday lights and decorations. Unfortunately, that also means this time of year is known for accidental fires that can cause fire damage in Cobb GA. Thanksgiving is the leading day of the year for home fires involving cooking equipment. The kitchen is the heart of the home, especially at Thanksgiving. ServiceMaster of Cobb provides fire damage restoration in Cobb GA, specializing in smoke odor removal in Cobb GA, soot removal in Cobb GA, soot clean up in GA and content cleaning for fire and smoke damage in Cobb GA for residential and commercial properties in Georgia. We are always supporters of fire safety in any kind of structure, including your homes. We believe the holidays are a special time to spend with your friends and family, so here are a few fire safety tips we would like to pass on to help keep you and your family safe this Thanksgiving.
This month, we’ll be featuring some tips for keeping you and your loved ones safe during the holiday season. Here are some tips to help keep your holiday preparations fun:
- Inspect all the smoke alarms in your home.Test the functionality of your working smoke alarms. Replace the batteries annually. You may want to install smoke alarms near sleeping areas.
- Purchase a fire extinguisher for your kitchen.Learn how to properly operate it in the event that a fire occurs.
- Keep a clean workspace.Avoid grease build upon areas such as stove tops. Clear the cooking area from loose items such as oven mitts that can catch fire.
- Stand by your pan.It is an expression that has been used in the fire safety circle for a long time. Monitor cooking items frequently. Use a timer to remind you to check.
- Establish a “kid-free zone.” Young ones may be tempted to grab hot pots or pans. They may also leave toys on the floor that may serve as a tripping hazard. Teach children to avoid entering this zone.
- Smother, don’t splash.If a grease fire occurs, DO NOT splash it with water. Smother the fire with another pot or lid.
- Fry smart. If frying the bird, only do it outside and keep a large distance between your home and the fryer. Don’t overfill the oil or leave it unattended.
The entire team at ServiceMaster of Cobb would like to wish you and your loved ones a Happy Thanksgiving. May you be safe and joyful during the holiday season. We are always on stand by for your fire damage restoration services and for your emergencies at 678-264-3310 for Georgia, 423-220-4482 for Tennessee, and 678-909-1078 for Commercial. You can also visit https://smrestoreus.com/ for more details. We are a fire damage restoration company serving businesses and homeowners located in Fulton, Cobb, Bartow, Paulding, and surrounding areas.