When it comes to being prepared for hurricanes in Cartersville, GA, you don’t want to delay. Make the best use of your time and resources while the weather is nice—it’ll be much more difficult once the harsh winds start blowing, the stores have run out of supplies, and the gas stations have lines.
At ServiceMaster of Cobb, a water damage restoration company in Cartersville GA, we understand that the people who hire us are going through a stressful and emotionally difficult time. Because of this, we strive to provide caring and courteous support, communication, and quality services to our customers. We offer water damage restoration in Cartersville GA; beyond handling water damage restoration services in Cartersville, we understand the need to restore a customer’s home or business, and provide resources to help keep them safe in severe weather conditions.
Gather your supplies today so you’re prepared when the next hurricane hits. Plus, it’s a great excuse to get your home repairs done and to stock up your pantry. Keep reading to discover the answers to the most common questions about hurricane season preparedness.
The following tips below will help you better prepare for the hurricane season:
- Have a family preparedness plan which includes a meeting point and an evacuation strategy. Make sure all your family members have the requisite phone numbers stored in their phones (texting is better than calling in emergency situations).
- Have an emergency plan and evacuation strategyfor your office or home. Keep a list of emergency numbers and local shelters in a place accessible to employees and family members.
- Ensure that fire extinguishers and smoke alarms are in perfect working order.
- Have battery-operated electronics in case of a power outage. Keep extra batteries with these appliances.
- Keep a three-day supply of emergency food with a long shelf life. Don’t forget pet food and clean water, too.
- Have an emergency first aid kit on hand with essential first aid options and any special medications that may be needed by family members who have allergies or medical conditions.
- When a storm is approaching, make sure that your vehicles are in good working order and have a full tank of gas. If you have camping stoves or generators, ensure that they have sufficient fuel or gas.
- Have emergency money on hand and let your family know where to find it so that they can get supplies.
- Keep spare clothing, blankets, and pillows in your emergency kit and make sure that you have raincoats and boots.
- Make sure you have all the important supplies needed.Before a storm occurs, it is very important to have all your ducks in a row to ensure your safety and comfortability during such events.
Here is a list of items to help you through the hurricane:
- Hurricane window protection
- Canned or pre-packaged foods
- Bottled water
- Cooler (stocked with ice)
- Manual can opener
- Blankets and sheets
- First-aid kit
- Medications (one month supply)
- Radio (battery-operated)
- Cash (ATMs often go down)
- Gas cans
- Portable chargers
- Designated meeting area
- Working gloves
Being Prepared is the Best Option
When a strong hurricane is bearing down on your area in Cartersville, GA, the last thing you need to be doing is panicking and scrambling to find critical supplies that will quickly sell out. Once you take the time to plan and complete the steps above, you will have a good plan in place that you can simply update each year. And your business will be better prepared for other kinds of disasters as well.
Hurricane season forces us to examine how prepared we are for natural disasters. It’s important to prepare early because if you postpone, stores will be empty when the sky turns grey. Don’t get caught scrambling for supplies at the last moment. Stock up on everything you’ll need today to keep yourself and your loved ones safe.
After the Hurricane
If you experience hurricane damage to your Cartersville, GA home or business, please call ServiceMaster of Cobb to assist you in your recovery. ServiceMaster of Cobb operates 24/7/365 to get homeowners and business owners back on their feet. We understand that unpredictable situations occur during these times and we want to help.
For immediate assistance, please call 678-264-3310 for Georgia, 423-220-4482 for Tennessee, and 678-909-1078 for Commercial.